Sherman Oaks cremation costs vary based on a wide array of factors. A cremation itself can range in cost based on location, transportation, purchasing a casket or cremation container, and whether it’s a direct cremation or a cremation with memorial or funeral service. To better understand cremation costs it helps to get a sense for what cremation costs entail and how a cremation compares to a traditional funeral and burial.
What Do Sherman Oaks Cremation Costs Include?
Cremation costs vary depending on the provider and the family’s wishes. In addition to the cost of the cremation itself, related Sherman Oaks, CA cremation costs include:
- Transporting the remains from the place of death to the place of cremation
- Preparing the body for cremation (if necessary)
- Death certificate and cremation permit
- The cost of a cremation container (if used)
- An urn or other container for storing the remains after cremation
- Interment for the urn in a cemetery or other facility, if desired
- Many of these costs are completely optional, making cremation a flexible solution for families under budget constraints.
Which is More Affordable – a Sherman Oaks, CA Funeral and Burial, or Cremation?
Traditional burial and funeral costs are much higher than the cost of cremation – especially in the case of a direct cremation with no funeral. Traditional burial entails:
- Casket: $1,000 to $15,000 (and up)
- Burial plot: $1,000 to $10,000 (or more, depending on the cemetery)
- Burial vault: $500 to $3,000
- Funeral: $5,000 to $20,000
These costs are in addition to preparing the body, transporting remains, and the myriad other costs associated with a funeral and burial. The costs for a Sherman Oaks cremation are significantly lower than traditional burial alone and substantially lower when direct cremation is chosen without a funeral or burial.
Published | Category: Cremation Society.