Detroit, MI Cremation Pre-Planning: What You Should Know
- Cremation is Affordable
- Prepaid Cremation Saves Money
- Preplanning Gives You Control
- Preplanning Provides Peace of Mind
- Use the form on this page for a FREE cremation planning guide.
Cremation: Detroit, MI
Detroit cremation planning is best done in advance, when decisions are made without the immediacy or stress of a death in the family. Neptune Society Detroit staff can clearly answer your questions about cremation and our services. Cremation continues to rise in popularity in Detroit due to its low cost, minimal land use, and flexibility. If you believe cremation may be right for you or a loved one, please call or complete the form on the right for more information.
We find many Detroit residents feel a great burden has been lifted from their shoulders by pre-planning, having peace of mind knowing their final needs are met and their family will not be burdened with arrangements. A preplanned cremation also gives families the opportunity to pay today’s price for cremation for a future service, avoiding future cost increases.
Please contact us for more information on Detroit cremation services by completing the form to the right. Neptune Society is the premier Detroit cremation society, providing Metro Detroit cremation services as well as cremation services to surrounding areas of Michigan.
Has a loved one passed away? Get assistance now.
Coordinating end-of-life services without a pre-arranged plan is overwhelming for many families. Our caring and experienced professionals in Detroit walk you through every step of planning a Detroit-area cremation to help you through this difficult time. We handle:
- The death certificate and cremation permit
- Creating a Detroit cremation plan that meets your needs
- Transporting your loved one to the cremation facility
- Arranging post-cremation burial or scattering services
Fill out the form on the right to get in touch with a local cremation professional regarding a recent death in the family. Someone will be in touch with you shortly.
Next, gather information. Neptune Society, doctors, state agencies, and other officials will need the following information about the deceased in order to proceed:
- Birth date and birthplace
- Social Security number
- Father's name and state of birth
- Mother's maiden name and state of birth
- Form DD-214 (if deceased was a veteran)
- A copy of the driver's license
Detroit, MI Veteran Cremation
Our dedicated family service representatives in Detroit are trained to answer your questions about veterans' cremations. Detroit veterans may be eligible for the following benefits through the Department of Veteran's Affairs:
- Special honors: American flag and Presidential Memorial Certificate
- A credit to help pay for your Detroit cremation service
- Interment of cremated remains in a National Cemetery
We help you navigate your veteran’s benefits eligibility and cremation planning. Contact us below to learn more.
Visit The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for questions/information on VA and benefits.
Take a Virtual Tour of Our Office
Use your mouse to click the arrows in the photo below to move around our office.
Driving Directions to Our Office:
- South: Detroit Metropolitan Airport-Romulus, MI
- North: Bishop International Airport-Flint, MI
- East: Coleman A. Young International Airport-Detroit, MI
- West: Capital Region International Airport-Lansing, MI
Our Office Proudly Serves the Following Areas and Counties:
- Genessee County
- Grand Rapids
- Livingston County
- Macomb County
- Oakland County
- St. Clair County
- Washtenaw County
- Wayne County
*Distance restrictions may apply in some cases in some areas.