Scholarship Opportunities for Mortuary Science Students
Apply Between July 1 and December 31 for an SCI Mortuary Science Scholarship
As part of our mission to strive for excellence in funeral service, the Service Corporation International Scholarship Program awards 50 scholarships to outstanding mortuary science students annually.
Finalists for the scholarship will:
- Travel to Houston,TX—all expenses paid
- Spend time networking with other students from all over the nation and meet many of the top leaders in funeral service
- Be considered for apprenticeships and/or full-time career opportunities throughout the Company’s 2,000 locations
How to Apply for the SCI Mortuary Science Scholarship
- Register: Click here to create your account. Please be sure to remember your username and password as you will be permitted to save your progress and return to your application.
- Write: Complete a 200-250 word essay on one of following topics
- What three key words would your peers use to describe you and why?
- We all have goals. Explain what they are and how you are achieving them.
- Who has been one of your role models? Why is their influence important to you?
- Share with us what your thoughts are regarding your ability to help others. What do you plan to do that will set you apart from others in the profession?
- What life experiences have you encountered that will prepare you for your future in funeral service?
- What is the one personal characteristic that you find most important for a Funeral Service professional to possess and why?
- Be enrolled in a college or university program which has received accreditation from the American Board of Funeral Service Education (ABFSE)
- Be enrolled at the time of the scholarship deadline
- Not be a former recipient of the SCI Mortuary Science scholarship
Deadline to Apply:
- December 31, 2018