Chicago Cremation Pre-Planning: What You Should Know
- Cremation is Affordable
- Prepaid Cremation Saves Money
- Preplanning Gives You Control
- Preplanning Provides Peace of Mind
- Use the form to the right for a FREE cremation planning guide.
Cremation Chicago Illinois
Neptune Society provides affordable cremations and preplanning services to Chicago-area families. Over 35 percent of Illinois residents choose cremation over burial and the number of cremations is expected to increase across the state. We help Chicago families carefully consider their cremation options and plan ahead for greater peace of mind. We offer:
- Affordable Chicago cremation services
- Professional help with cremation preplanning
- Financial planning with prepaid cremation plans
- Dedicated, local professionals who guide you through the cremation process
Cremation Service Chicago
Our local offices – Neptune Society Downers Grove and Neptune Society Palatine – provide full-service cremations for the greater Chicago area. Our professional funeral directors at both locations are ready to discuss your options and guide you through planning a Chicago cremation. Chicago-area residents trust Neptune Society for their cremation planning. In turn, we are proud to serve the community that has faithfully relied on our services. Neptune Society supports the U.S. Marine Corps’ Toys for Tots program and the Crisis Center for South Suburbia.
Has a loved one passed away? Get assistance now.
Coordinating end-of-life services without a pre-arranged plan is overwhelming for many families. Our caring and experienced professionals in Chicago walk you through every step of planning a Chicago-area cremation to help you through this difficult time. We handle:
- The death certificate and cremation permit
- Creating a Chicago cremation plan that meets your needs
- Transporting your loved one to the cremation facility
- Arranging post-cremation burial or scattering services
Fill out the form on the right to get in touch with a local cremation professional regarding a recent death in the family. Someone will be in touch with you shortly.
Next, gather information. Neptune Society, doctors, state agencies, and other officials will need the following information about the deceased in order to proceed:
- Birth date and birthplace
- Social Security number
- Father’s name and state of birth
- Mother’s maiden name and state of birth
- Form DD-214 (if deceased was a veteran) and a copy of the driver’s license
Chicago Veteran’s Cremation
Our dedicated family service representatives in Chicago are trained to answer your questions about veterans’ cremations. Chicago veterans may be eligible for the following benefits through the Department of Veteran’s Affairs:
- Special honors: American flag and Presidential Memorial Certificate
- A credit to help pay for your Chicago cremation service
- Interment of cremated remains in a National Cemetery
We help you navigate your veteran’s benefits eligibility and cremation planning. Contact us below to learn more.